Website usage terms and conditions
The term My Life Listed Ltd or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. Our company registration number is 7426537. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ section. If you wish to contact us please use the contact page.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check our website from time to time to access the most up-to-date terms and conditions.
Accessing our website
- We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- From time to time we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website which includes users who have registered with us.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connections are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
- We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the service we provide on our website without notice.
Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on our website and in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us or our licensors.
- You own all the content and information you list on MyLifeListed and you can control how it is shared through your privacy settings. When you publish lists and content using the "Public" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone to access that information.
- For lists and content that you post that is covered by intellectual property rights you specifically give us permission subject to your privacy settings to use that information and grant us a non-transferrable sub-licence royalty-free worldwide licence to use any intellectual property content you post, which will end when you delete your lists.
- We always appreciate your feedback and suggestions, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
Reliance on information posted
- Commentary and other material posted on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any condition, warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website, any websites linked to it and any material posted to it including loss of income, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management time and whether caused by tort (negligence) breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Information about you and your visits to our website
- By using our website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
Uploading material, posting or transmitting to or from our website
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials uploaded, posted or transmitted by you or any other user of our website.
- You are prohibited from uploading, posting or transmitting to or from our website any material that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, promotes sexually explicit material, promotes violence, is abusive, discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, infringe any copyright, database or trade mark of any other person, likely to deceive, likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm any other person or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience.
- We have the right to remove any material you have uploaded, posted or transmitted on our website, if, in our opinion, such material is unacceptable.
- If there is a breach of any of our terms and conditions, we may take such action as we deem appropriate including immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website. We may also take legal action and disclose such information to the relevant authorities.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
- You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- By breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from a website that is not owned by you.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the site(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked site(s).
Jurisdiction and applicable law
- The English court will have the exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- Your use of this website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the use of this website shall be governed and construed by the laws of England and Wales.
Last Updated: March 2011